Here are some details and explanations that will help you navigate the school lunch program, if you choose to use this program at our school:
- You may prepay online for your child's school lunch by clicking here. This is the preferred way to pay for meals.
- If you are unable to pay online, please send cash or check, IN AN ENVELOPE or baggie, with their name and grade, with them to school. You may hand it to me, or put it in the envelope outside the classroom door.
- If you believe that you may qualify for free or reduced-price lunches, please click here to complete the paperwork. Even if you do not plan on using the program, we would appreciate your filling out the paperwork, as the free and reduced meals number for our school is used for grant applications and additional funds from the government.
- The menu is always listed on the CHPCS school website and often posted inside the classroom door. It is NOT the same as the posted district menu.
- If you write a check, please make it out to North Clackamas School District, NOT Cascade Heights.
- If your child is tardy, PLEASE tell the office when you come in to check your child in so lunch counts can be adjusted correctly.
- If your child is eating school lunch, please be sure to still pack him/her a snack or two!
- Please talk with your child about what was served, what they took, what they actually ate. We expect every child to take at least two veggies, and try to enforce the eating the best we can. However, there are so many students who are reluctant to eat their main course ("The pizza makes my stomach hurt," etc.). We ask them to take a bite or two, as it is the main course, try to fill up on veggies, and then to please tell their folks so families can plan to send a different meal on days when that is served if possible. The kitchen has district rules about how many components of the meal a child must take, and CHPCS can't change those rules.
Credit for this post goes to Mr. Currey. You can view his blog here: _